JOB TITLE Transportation Planner
The Transportation Planner will work with local public bodies in the region and, specifically, New Mexico Department of Transportation (NMDOT) staff and appointed members of the Northern Pueblos and North East Regional Transportation Planning Organizations (NPRTPO and NERTPO) in planning, grant writing, technical assistance, capacity building and developing and implement a Regional Transportation Work Program.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
• Long-range planning and implementation;
• Technical support and data management;
• Project Development and monitoring;
• Special studies;
• Meeting coordination;
• Contract management; and
• Other duties as assigned or necessary to meet the goals and objectives of NCNMEDD
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• A minimum of three to five years of experience managing community-based or government-funded projects, with a preference for transportation-related experience
• Preference for degree or coursework in business administration, planning, community development, economic development, social services or a related field
• Demonstrable ability to communicate orally and in writing with a wide range of people inside and outside the organization
• This position requires a highly motivated and responsible individual. Project design and management skills are essential.
• Working knowledge and some experience addressing federal, state, and/or local policies and procedures
• Ability to use office equipment and tools, particularly MS Office suite programs
• Ability to accurately interpret, analyze, summarize and compile data
• Ability to assess and prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks, projects and demands • Ability to complete tasks within deadlines
• Maintain effective working relationships with NCNMEDD staff, contractors, member governments and Board members
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrate behavior that maintains credibility, integrity, and positive image in the community
• Moderate travel is involved
This position does not require supervisory responsibilities.
This position requires basic physical demands for working in an office environment including, sitting for long periods, using computers and other typical office equipment, driving a car/van, carrying documents, and walking.
No special training is required for this position. However, the establishment of good working relationships with local/federal entities may involve detailed guidance meetings on rigorous policies and procedures government transportation planning programs.
This position requires the use of discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance for the agency as well as typical decision-making responsibilities required in a day-to-day office working environment.
This position reports to the Community Development Director and interacts with NCNMEDD employees and contractors, New Mexico State agency staff, Federal agency staff, tribal, state and local elected officials, the public, and private and/or corporate entities.
Typical office equipment will be used such as computers, calculators, phones, copier/printers, projectors, and cars/vans.
This position will work in a standard, smoke-free, indoor office environment with other staff.
The North Central New Mexico Economic Development District (NCNMEDD) has a direct and vital impact on the quality of life for those we serve. Accordingly, the services we provide require honesty, impartiality, and fairness, and must be dedicated to the protection and promotion of the public health, safety, and welfare. As an employee and representative of the North Central New Mexico Economic Development District and its Board of Directors, all personnel are required to exhibit and practice the highest standard of honesty and integrity and must perform under a standard of professional behavior that requires adherence to the highest principles of ethical conduct in all aspects of the position.
Salary will vary based on education and experience. NCNMEDD provides Public Employee Retirement Association of New Mexico (PERA) retirement. Quality benefits package includes medical, dental, retirement and paid time off. Candidate selected for full-time employment must successfully complete all pre-employment requirements prior to commencing employment. Applicants must complete NCNMEDD Employment Application at www.ncnmedd.com and e-mail letter of interest and résumé to Monica Abeita, Executive Director at email@example.com.