WHEN: Tuesday, April 14th, 2020 (12:00PM to 1:00PM)
WHERE: Zoom! https://zoom.us/j/408381475?pwd=bVovU0hXcnN3RWVYbithSVVYbDl0Zz09
WHAT: An informal discussion to plan virtual planning events while we’re all on lockdown!
- Check in
- How this crisis is affecting your organization and community
- Discussion of topic ideas – see list below
- Scheduling sessions + outreach
- Check out
- How the planning practice is being impacted by this global pandemic or how the day-to-day planning processes have had to adjust, i.e. virtual public hearings, more digital submissions etc.- could be interesting to hear the solutions our fellow colleagues are coming up with
- One interesting idea I’ve seen is how COVID 19 will impact the way we design our cities and public spaces (if any).
- Interesting topics could include:
- planning/internet access during pandemic in under-served communities without internet access + electronic access issues,
- mobilizing funding,
- planning for the transition back into health,
- how this will change/apply to planning issues in the future (for example what will we do if there is another pandemic and a natural disaster and/or power outage at the same time, will this have impact on human interactions moving forward, etc.)
- Potential impact on state and local budgets (and priorities). Planning seems more important than ever, but how do we offer the planning solutions that our communities need right now?
- Comparison of response and outcomes among different cities/regions. What does this tell us about disaster preparedness, hazard mitigation, and planning for drastic changes in general?
- What can we all learn from Tiger King?